Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ranch Pasta Salad MAKEOVER!!

So, I have a slight obsession with pasta salad (okay, pasta in general). I came up with the idea to create my own pasta salad recipe that mimics the delicious (and pointy) Kraft Ranch and Bacon Pasta Salad! A couple of trial and errors later - I've SUCCEEDED! I thought this would be a PERFECT chance to share the recipe with you all! I love having pasta salad as a side to go with soup, burgers, etc! I know it is typically a "summer" food, but I enjoy it year round! :)

Betsy's Ranch Pasta Salad

6 oz dry Picollini Pasta with Fiber (this is new, so any whole grain/wheat pasta will work)
1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables (cook in the microwave for 3 min with some water - DRAIN)
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup light mayonnaise (I used Dukes Light - use what you have on hand!)
2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning (Hidden Valley Ranch Dip packet)
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning (optional)

Cook pasta in lightly salted water and drain. While pasta is cooking, mix sour cream, mayo, ranch seasoning, and Mrs. Dash  in the bowl you plan on storing the salad. Add your cooked and drained mixed vegetables; stir. Next, add in your pasta and combine all ingredients. Chill for at least 2 hours. ENJOY!

I calculated 4 servings (~1.25 cups each) at 6 P+ on WW. You could also add Ham, Bacon, Chicken, etc. to get extra protein or to transition into a meal! (This would impact P+ values!)

TIP: This is even better after chilling overnight and makes a PERFECT lunch addition! :) I enjoyed it with a reduced sodium soup at hand today!

What are some of your favorite 'lightened up' recipe makeovers?

1 comment:

  1. This looks good! I think I am going to make it to go with my pigs - whenever I make those.. :)

    ReplyDelete