Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tortellini and Spinach Salad

Okay, so I got the inspiration from this on Pinterest. (I know I'm not the only addict out there!) I love this 'recipe' because you can really make it your own! I went to the Dekalb Farmers Market here in Atlanta and stocked up on loads of fresh vegetables and decided that this would be a quick, easy, and LOW calorie lunch option!

Tortellini and Spinach Salad
Servings: 4

1 lb refrigerated fresh tortellini (or frozen)
1 large green pepper
1 small head broccoli
2 medium carrots
1/2 container grape tomatoes
1 yellow squash
1/2 bottle Wishbone Fat Free Italian Dressing
1/8 cup reduced fat Parmesan Cheese (I used Great Value/Wal-Mart brand)

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Let cool. Meanwhile, chop all vegetables into bite sized pieces (I left mine chunky). Put in a bowl.

I forgot to add the carrot in the picture! I LOVE the colors in this salad!

Top with the italian dressing and the parmesan cheese. Add in tortellini and mix. I used a Rubbermaid Lock-It container and did a quick shimmy shake to mix mine!  Let chill and 'marinate' overnight! Serve over raw spinach.

YUMMO!

This turned out FABULOUS! You could 'beefen' this up using garbanzo beans, ham, turkey, chicken, etc! The possibilties are ENDLESS! You could also use your favorite dressing or even make your own! (I was lazy so I used store bought!)
What are some of YOUR favorite lunches?
Here are the stats for my version!


 Tortellini Spinach Salad, 1 serving Calories 279 Carbs 44 Fat 7 Protein 11 Sodium 878 Fiber 4










No comments:

Post a Comment