Friday, September 16, 2011

Welcome...or should I say... HEY!

It is no secret to my family and friends that I am VERY opinionated. And, let's be honest I believe I am ALWAYS right. I wanted to find a way to express my views/opinions/reviews to the World. I was inspired by a good friend of mine (thanks Katie!) to start blogging. I already have a list of potential posts! I'm not so great with words (definitely did not inherit that from my high school English teaching mother), so please bear with me. While my posts may not be lengthy, I do hope you will enjoy.

Let me start with a little about me:
My name is Betsy Lynne Godwin (and YES, I am a Betsy by birth not an Elizabeth). I am VERY sassy 26 years old living in Atlanta, GA. I am originally (and always will be in my heart) from North Carolina. I grew up in a small town called Spivey's Corner (Home of the NATIONAL Hollerin' Contest) and went to college a mere 45 minutes away at North Carolina State University (GO PACK!).  After graduating from NCSU, I took at job with Newell Rubbermaid that moved me to a suburb of Chicago, IL. Knowing I would only be there for a year, I tried to make the best of it (weather and all). Needless to say, I was relieved to be moved back to the south and landed in Atlanta in the summer of 2009. Fast forward 2 years, I am still working for Newell Rubbermaid as an indirect buyer. I have a good job, a nice apartment, and a very handsome boyfriend (see picture of us below). Life here in Atlanta is good! North Carolina will ALWAYS be home, but Atlanta is starting to feel that way!


Now I want to discuss the purpose of this blog. It is my intent to start sharing some reviews on recipes, restaurants, and new products.  I am always on the lookout to try the 'next new' thing whether upon recommendation from a family member or friends, I tend to ALWAYS have an opinion! I am a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers (WW), so many of my recipes and such will be WW friendly. Of course NOT all will be WW friendly, what fun is life without a little indulging every now and then?

I do hope you enjoy reading my blog!

1 comment: